here. If your organization relies heavily on grant funding, you’ll need an automated system to address every stage of the grant life cycle. The top ten characteristics I recommend you look for when you’re evaluating a grant management solution are:
- Ability to track and measure success or outcomes – Every nonprofit is different. When evaluating a grant management solution, make sure it allows you to define, measure, and report on the key outcomes important to your organization.
- Intelligence dashboards – Quickly communicate the performance and results for any program, grant, or application giving you the ability to quickly respond and make adjustments.
- “Right” reporting – You should be able to configure reports just the way you want or need them. Look for a solution with a user-friendly interface and workflow that employees at all levels of experience will find easy to use.
- Collaboration capabilities – The best solutions feature communication and collaboration elements to help you keep track of contacts and deadlines, create budgets and better manage the grant pipeline.
- Document management – Seek out a solution that enables you to quickly store, access and update documents for each grant, relationship and application across the entire organization.
- Advanced budgeting capabilities – Make sure any grant solution you are considering includes budget building tools by item or dollars, quickly creates pro-forma budgets for grant applications, and integrates with your financial accounting solution.
- Access – Grant writers and program managers are often offsite. A web-based grant management solution will allow staff members to maximize productivity and efficiency across the organization.
- Grant application tracking – Complete date tracking, reminders, shared documentation and a common contact list allow faster compilation of application components and, therefore, a higher funding ratio.
- Strong internal controls – Help ensure the highest levels of accountability and security, building your organization’s credibility and ensuring donors’ trust.
- Seamless integration with fund accounting and CRM solutions.
Trackback from your site.