Our 12 predictions for 2012 are actually not so much predictions, but social media trends that we’re seeing through all of the work we’re doing with organizations around social media management.
1. continue the hiring trend, adding more headcount for social media management and community management.
2. start to figure out mobile, by asking the right questions.
3. find the ROI of social media, through aligning social data with membership management.
4. expand the social layer around their events and conferences
5. continue to incorporate more user-generated social activities like tweetups and unsessions
6. continue to ignore geolocation, which may or may not be dead in the water
7. decide whether Google+ is worth paying attention to.
8. do more great work on their social media policies
9. experiment more and more with social learning and participatory learning
10. start building their social CRM practices
11. build with more internal collaboration through technology
The industry’s social media work is maturing. We’re excited to be part of it. Happy Holidays from the SocialFish!
This is a guest blog by Maddie Grant and Lindy Dreyer, SocialFish, part of a series of predictions for 2012.
Comments for SocialFish Predictions for 2012
Trackback from your site.